Spheral++ provides a steerable parallel environment for performing coupled hydrodynamical & gravitational numerical simulations. Hydrodynamics and gravity are modelled using particle based methods (SPH and N-Body).
Some useful features are
- Total energy conserving compatible hydro mode.
- ASPH (Adapative Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics) algorithm.
- CRKSPH (Conservative Reproducing Kernel Hydrodyamics) is also available.
- Oct-tree based N-Body gravity.
- Fluid and solid material modeling.
- Damage and fracture modeling in solids.
- Scriptable user interface in python.
- Extensible by user in python, including the ability to write new physics packages in python.
Release and license:
Copyright (c) 2012, Lawrence Livermore National Security, LLC. Produced at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory Written by J. Michael Owen firstname.lastname@example.org CODE-OCEC-12-049 All rights reserved.
Please see full license